PURPOSE OF THE CTF TOURNAMENT SYSTEM
The CTF Tournament System is designed to offer an additional learning situation for its members. In order for a positive learning situation to occur, it is the responsibility of all Tournament Officials, Instructors and Black Belts to insure that the Tournament is conducted as follows:
- Competition is safe.
- Competition is fair.
- Competition is challenging.
In order that competition is a positive experience for all competitors, the CTF Instructors should insure that any student competing is adequately prepared both physically and emotionally for the competition experience. By the nature of competition, there is only one winner and many more losers. A competitor who sets his focus solely on winning is likely to be disappointed. He will find it much more productive to focus on competition as
- a means of measuring himself against others,
- a motivational force for continued practice and improvement,
- an opportunity to view others with greater skills and experience so he can set goals and
- an opportunity to identify personal strengths and weaknesses.
SUMMARY OF CTF TOURNAMENT RULES
(Links to specific rules are in green below)